So, hi! welcome to my blog, which I call chaos in California 🙂 Why chaos? Well probably because I’m going to write about a lot of random things on here, and I didn’t want to be committed to any one thing.
Some things you might see here..
- Running! I like to run. I’ve run two half marathons and run a lot for stress relief and ‘me time’. Some people would rather sleep until 10am on Saturday after a rough week.. I’d rather wake up at 6am and go running in the sunshine. Some call it crazy.
- Food! I really love eating out. Living in SF, I could probably eat at a new restaurant every day of the year. I especially love desserts and will choose ice cream over dinner basically any day
- Other workout stuff.I like experimenting with other workouts and switching up the routine. I grew up doing cheerleading and running track, so working out at the end of the day has basically been a habit since I was 12. I like to mix it up with running, spinning, lifting, and the lazy elliptical days when I don’t know what else to do 🙂
- Career-ish things. I’m a mid-twenty something and still navigating what the heck I’m doing with my life. Currently, I’m working as a project manager at a biotech company. (more on this later)
- Exploring California! I move to SF almost two years ago now from Pennsylvania. I am always trying to do more things around the Bay Area and explore the west coast. Be prepared for a lot of bridge and coastal pics 😉
- Other random things that come to mind…
So, let’s talk about today….
I’ve been fighting a sickness for the past 5ish days and I’m allllllmost completely back. I haven’t been to the gym in… a little over a week? yikes! I hate taking long breaks like this, I get so out of the swing of things. I just bought some new running shoes though, so I’m looking forward to breaking those in! They were long overdue. Like, at least 6 months overdue.
It has been raining here for at least 5 days now… I am so over this weather. I also walk/take public transportation to work, so that makes it even worse AND I have basically one pair of booties I can wear that my feet don’t get soaking wet (I’m very much a flats kind of girl), so I feel like I wear the same thing every day =/
Anyway, I’m off to make some dinner! I’m thinking it will be whatever I can make to go with sweet potato fries. I have the biggest sweet potato you’ve ever seen I need to use and I’m thinking it’s a fries kind of night.
How was your day? What workouts are you doing today?